Yes I have started to push Sue Perkins again (#doctorsue) but that is half in jest and harks back to me wanting her to do a Bigfinish Audio rather than a full series as the Doctor.
But I have 2 main thoughts, neither rules the other out.
Firstly Adrian Edmondson would make an excellent Doctor as we have seen him do the Zany and the Serious acting in his career.
Secondly the Christmas special should end on the regeneration cliffhanger, and the following series should see Paul McGann get 13 full episodes at the controls of the Tardis. Maybe in the spirit of past multi Doctor stories McGann could aid with the resolution of the Christmas story, but the plot follows the 8th Doctor through the next series, only to resolve the regeneration on the last episode.
Anyway, would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions – @scifind on twitter.
Today we got to see Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman on set from Doctor who. Now we just have to hope that we won’t be kept waiting too long.Welcome back, to those of you now following my next post fear not. I have returned.
Thank you for all your kind words and comments, but I think I am trying to get audience numbers up, and a little discussion going. So I will do my best on these fronts. Tell all your friends and hopefully we can all get going together?
What we kind of know so far is this –
• 13 episodes possibly split in 2 halves, although this has been denied by Steven Moffat, with something grand for Christmas? (Note to Steven Moffat – make the Christmas one longer this time please, or at least keep us waiting till Christmas day for the second part of a story?? Or maybe one Christmas day and then one on Boxing Day just to polish us all off.
• It has been said for some time that the Doctor is being taken in a darker direction. I kind of like this idea, but might it be too much for the younger audience? Yes we want to give the kiddies a scare, it’s part of the tradition in Doctor who, but if this is going to be a bit more adult I fear that Capaldi will be slated, as will the show runner. Consider this a warning shot across your bow Mr Moffat.
• Jenna will be staying on for a little bit longer, but as yet not even all of the feeds I read through seem to confirm for how long.
• A possible search for Gallifrey? Although this is more likely to be left on the back burner for a bit longer, to keep us guessing.
• No neckwear of any kind, and no hint at all of any appearing soon
• Also begging for hour long episodes
Filming started bright and early this morning, and a few images have started to appear. Most notably Capaldi and Coleman stood with a script and pointing far off into the distance. A comparison has been seen between Pertwee and Capaldi in similar poses. Also there is a little older image from the BBC from the unveiling, of Capaldi clutching his jacket in the way that Hartnell (the first Doctor) used to do. I get the references to past incarnations, some people will get them, and others won’t. This is a little less subtle than previous times, we have always had reference to past Doctor’s thrown in, and in the case of war (Hurt) we had a throw forward with the ears line.
Twitter has a few images of Strax and Madame Vastra, but the absence of jenny makes me wonder. Perhaps this is a set up for Capaldi’s first story, after all Smith had grown very fond of the Paternoster gang. Who knows we may even get a full goodbye to River now. But I’m no expert so please don’t quote me on that.
All in all we have been told that the Doctor will have his post regeneration madness and this will probably gobble up a good chunk of any first episode, so the thought here may be open with a nice 2 part episode.
I am waiting for more images to appear, and will keep up to date with what I can, as for any rumours or story lines, I’d love to hear what people have to say, and input as much as they can. I will try to add on my twitter and other bits onto profile on scifind as would love to talk to many more people about this all.
Hope you all have a great 2014 and hope I won’t be away for too long.